Time Trials Recap
June 20, 2017
It was a great time trials – I am very proud of the effort put in by all the swimmers (and volunteers). It is so nice to see your hard work in practice make a difference in the meet.
I noticed a few things:
- A lot of our year-round swimmers are used to longer events and may not “go after” a 50 in a typical 50 sprinter fashion. We will be working on that in practice. Shorter yardage, more sprints, more rest between.
- Walls/turns are key in a 50. Please practice if you are at the pool just playing around.
- Cheering – we are a team, please cheer for everyone.
- Legs – make sure you have legs for backstroke lined up. If you need help, ask one of the assistant coaches.
- Finishes – Keep your head down and swim THROUGH the wall.
- Have fun.
Next week morning practices start but I will not be there on Monday due to teaching obligations at Robinson. Monday is fun day…… and I think there will be donuts!!
Join "Remind" for the 2017 Frog Swim Season
June 1, 2017
I’m using Remind to send important updates, assignments and information for our Frogs 2017 season. Remind is a free, safe and easy way for me to reach swimmers and their parents/guardians with important information. I’ve used Remind for my Robinson High School swim team and our Winter Frogs. Please click on the link below to join our class. (For reference, our class code is @swimgreen.) https://www.remind.com/join/swimgreen
Thanks for joining!
PS - If you’d like to learn more about Remind, click here.
A Note From Coach Mike
Welcome to the 2017 Season.
I am very exited to be returning and bringing Coach Ally Bedell into our Frog family. Chris, Ally and I are in the process of planning some great workouts for the team. We may even be seen on a short run prior to the 13 and over work out. We will meet at the pool and take off around 4:00 p.m. If you are 13 or over and want to join us, come to the pool a little early. Our goal is to instill a lifelong joy of fitness and sport.
I will not be able to attend the Dessert Social on Sunday evening (May 28), but Ally and Chris will be there and I hear there will be some great raffle items! I will be at the pool on Monday, May 29 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. if anyone would like to talk with me prior to the season. I am also looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting our new members.
See you on deck,