Tadpoles - Little Frogs Making A Big Splash
The Tadpole program is for young swimmers (ages of at least 4 years by June 15, 2020) who are working toward being on the swim team. We welcome younger brothers and sisters of current Frog swimmers, as well as those new to the swim team experience!
The Tadpole Program includes:
- Must be between the ages of 4 and 8 years-old.
- Must be willing to leave their parent or guardian to join the group in the pool independently. It is very important that the Tadpoles are willing to transition easily.
- Must be comfortable in the water and able to fully immerse their face, underwater.
- Must be able to submerge under water and kick or pull themselves, unassisted and without touching the bottom, to an instructor a few feet away.
- Must wear swim goggles and hair pulled back out of the face.
If your child cannot do all of these tasks, or is a brand-new swimmer, please wait until next season for Tadpoles and sign up instead for swim lessons offered through the pool. This will ensure that all of our young swimmers and instructors have a safe and happy swim season. Our 12-and-older Frog swimmers volunteer to coach after being trained to teach Tadpoles developmental stroke (freestyle and backstroke), kicking and diving skills.
The 2020 Tadpoles program begins with assessments on Monday, June 15th and classes will run daily, Monday thru Friday, from Tuesday, June 16th through Friday, July 17th. There will be no class on Wednesday, July 8. The Tadpole Olympics and Breakfast will be on Friday, July 17th. Our two developmental meets (for those who are ready/interested) will take place with our Swim Team (against another team) on Monday or Wednesday evenings to be determined closer to season start.
All Tadpole participants must be pre-registered. Walk-ons will not be accommodated due to our adherence to strict coach-to-tadpole ratios.
Tadpole Registration Deadline is June 6th.
The 2020 fee for Tadpoles is $100 and is separate from your family's Swim/Dive team dues.
If you have any questions, please contact the swim reps at email@example.com.